Sunday, November 16, 2008

Germany

Thought I would share with ya'll . Started out in Milwaukee and on to Chicago. In Chicago I got on Swiss Airline to Switzerland. It was 9 hour fight. Then I took a 1.5 hour fight to Handover,Germany.I started out 4:30pm on Sunday and arrived in Handover 3:30 pm Monday. This was my first time out of the country ,except Canada or Mexico. I got to use my pass port!!!!



Some Pictures from the air. I was there for a trade show and it was dark when we went and dark when we came out.So not so many pictures. From the plane Over Germany.






I saw this chicken at the place we stay and told one of the guys in our group that was where the eggs came from for breakfast. I also I told him that I saw the cook running after them with a hatched in his hand. Maybe dinner!!! The motel where we stayed offered Breakfast and dinner for the guest. It was great and I must say great food, The breads and cheese great. The meals where a buffet and alot to choose from. Remember the chicken? Will that night we had chicken soup and a chicken dish. You should of see the guy's face I was messing with that morning. Lets say he eat roast beef.













Saw this at the show. I will watch for it in the states.











Alot of nice looking cows.













This what our booth looked like at the trade show.




One of the reasons for going was that I was one of the speaker. I spoke about calf care and shared help full ideas on Management. It was the largest attended class for the show. People where stand all over to hear and se





Eurotier is the largest Ag show in Europe. There are Dairy,Pig.Chicken,Fish and Bio fuel displays. Each group had their own building. The pig and chicken people had a building and half each. Some of the bigger company would have 2 story area and on the 2nd level they would have a restaurant to feed their customers. One of the Dairy companies had a area of over 10,000 sq. feet.











This is where we stayed.




My bed!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the last time I sleep in a bed this small I was at sixth grade camp. I have slept in sleeping bags that where bigger.
I had a great time. I was ask to come back in May 2009 for a week to visit with dairy producers around the country.
Also a large Vet group has ask that I come in December 2009 and speak to their group.


















7 comments:

Teresa said...

You found your talent- talking :}
so pleased that you had a great time- and that people were very receptive- maybe next time you will get to see more of the country. And way to go- first time overseas!
Hope you got lots of sales out of your visit :}

Anonymous said...

you booth shines and to bad tou did not record your self speeking I would love to hear what you have to say!!! and post a link - wink... being so far away to see how the other side live - lucky you!

Libby said...

You must know how to talk. Maybe you can run for President in 2012 (just kidding). Looks like a fun trip. Leave it to you to make a joke about the chicken. Hopefully you get some business from this trip.

pam said...

you made me miss Germany. I loved it when the farmers would drive their trackers into town to go shopping. Or when you see a nice car pulling a wagon with animals in it.

Walling Family said...

Too fun! I agree I don't know about sleeping on that bed!

Becky said...

We are never sure where we might find you at Pretty soon "We can say Where in the World is Lewis" Love, Aunt Becky

Unknown said...

Pres. Anderson look like you did a good job. like the bed. when would becky sleep if she come with you next time