Monday, November 24, 2008

Night Out at Home

Table for Four please.


A few weeks ago the Scout's in our ward had a fund raiser. They invited Ward members to provide a service,products,tickets to a play or a game,hand made items,cookie's for a year,Pie of the month. The Scout raised over $4,000.00. It was a auction and it went to the highest bidder. Becky and I put up a Steak Dinner for four. Will it went for $200.00. This last Friday evening was the night the 2 couple choose to come. I took a picture of the table as you can see. The evening got so busy and talking to much, after everyone left I discover I had not taken any more pictures. So I will tell you what we had.
Warm up to dinner snacks ( you may call it another name ,But I could not figure out how to spell it)
Cheeses and sausages
Crackers
Time to come to the table.
Breads
Three different types of bread to dip in oils and spreads.
Green Salad (every green and not so green leaf you could think of)
Five different dressing to choose from (Blue Cheese,Raspberry,Ranch,1,000,French)
Soup
Veggie
Sherbet
to clean the pallet of you mouth
Main Dish
Grilled Rib Eye Steak
Roasted in oil potato's
string squash
asparagus
Desert
Fudge Cake
Vanilla Bean Ice cream
drizzled chocolate syrup
Then a fun Game of Apples to Apples
Becky had designed a vase of flower for each of the couples. Also the glass vase had the first letter of the families last name etched on it.
It was a very fun evening. I wish I had not forgotten to take pictures.



4 comments:

Walling Family said...

So what you cooking for us =)

pam said...

wow, remind me not to ever cook for you I would be so so embarrassed....

Anonymous said...

wow I would of loved that night to as I am sure your guest did too!

Libby said...

Wow. What a dinner. I guess for $200.00 you needed to have all that food. The table looks nice.